vrijdag 10 februari 2012

Catrice - Genius In The Bottle & Comparison

Catrice recently replaced some products out of their range for new ones, about 25 %. So tonight I went to several drugstores where they sell Catrice, and found out they were taking care of it at that moment. Since they weren't done yet, and I was cold and had to go back home to study, I just grabbed some of the polishes that were already there. 

Catrice has also improved their brush, it became larger. I think I like it, but I have to get used to it first. You only need two streaks to cover a nail. 

When I looked at Catrice's press release photo's, 'Genius In The Bottle' was my favourite, so I was glad I was able to find that one. 

Here it is! Definitely a duochrome. I have this feeling it's some kind of replacement for the discontinued 'Iron Mermaiden', also a duochrome, but the colours are way different. It changes from copper to green to bronze... Very pretty. I keep staring at it and turning my nails into different angles, even when I was taking a shower, lol. Also, the name of this polishes reminds me of that song called 'Genie in a bottle' from Christina Aguilera. No idea if it has anything to do with it.


I thought Nubar's Wildlife might be similar to Genius In The Bottle, so I decided to do a comparison.
























The formula turns out to be way different. Fortunately, neither of them are streaky, which I experience a lot when applying a duochrome. Genius In The Bottle contains more shimmer and less duochrome than Wildlife. I actually don't think I can choose between these two, because Wildlife has a stronger duochrome effect, but Genius In The Bottle turns out to look warmer.
If you want to see a swatch of Nubar Wildlife, click here


So, what do you think? Would you buy both of them or do you have one of them? 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...